Thank you for taking on your fundraising mission!
Fundraisers are not just vital to the work of Vision for Asia they transform lives
Whether it’s raising £10 or £10,000, organising a cake sale or running a marathon – we know everyone has different demands on their time and energy and we are grateful for any fundraising you do, and your money really does go a long way. Whatever your fundraising plans, the outcome will be the same, you will be making a difference.
Stuck for Ideas?
There’s much more to fundraising than just rattling a bucket. There’s no limit to the imaginative ways in which you can help us raise money.
We hope you will be inspired by some of our fundraising ideas below, and we would be interested to know of any others which you have thought of and organised.
Just Giving for online sponsorship. Each person creates their own fundraising page, and the website allows donors to donate money directly for that fundraising event. It is an efficient way to handle online sponsorship.
Quick and easy fundraising ideas
- Collect all your loose change in a home collection box
- Hold a raffle or tombola
- Sell your skills! (Hairdressing, designing, cooking)
- Get sponsored to stop eating chocolate, be silent or give up alcohol
- Ask for donations indeed of presents at your next celebration
Simple fundraising ideas
- Do your own sponsored challenge – walk, trek, run or cycle
- Organise a small event – themed party, jumble sale or pub quiz
- Do something fun at an organised event – have a stall or sell unwanted things at a car-boot sale
Fundraise with friends or family
- Open your garden to friends and neighbours and sell Cream teas
- Get a team together and plan a charity football, basketball, netball or hockey match
- Organise a themed party, fancy dress event or a dinner party
- Games night – break out the retro board games
- Organise your own event – charity ball, sports event, silent disco, talent show, gig or karaoke night
- Hold a coffee morning or tea party
- Bake it and sell it!
- Let the kids dress their parents or make the rules for a day
Promote your fundraiser
Most importantly – advertise! Raise awareness for your fundraiser to help increase donations.
Social media is a fantastic way to get your fundraiser known and engaging participants before, during and after your event.
www.visionforasia.org – add the link to your online fundraising page on your own Facebook page, as well as using the Vision for Asia Facebook page to reach even more people and keep us in the loop about your support. Use status updates and photos of you in your chosen event. Twitter is also a brilliant way to tell even more people about your event. Take plenty of pictures during your fundraiser to keep supporters in the loop. We would also love to see them to see how you get on!